Friday, June 1, 2007

Taco Mesa and Mrs. Knotts Chicken

May 31, 2007: Thursday

So Thursdays are my favorite Taco Mesa days now because a few weeks ago I found the best item on the menu! It was on the specials of the day board and it sounded so appealing that I could not resist... they are the Tacos de Cangrejos $9.99 - five crispy tacos filled with crab meat and tropical (mango I think) salsa! Just thinking about it again makes my mouth water!

So here is the Taco Mesa in Ladera Ranch where I usually go.

This is my favorite item on the menu. Carne asada torta (no beans and no peppers!).
Soft bread with juicy carne asada with the right amount
of avocado, tomato and lettuce.. what more could a girl ask for?



These are the tacos de cangrejos - ONLY AVAILABLE ON THURSDAYS!
Super crispy shells... crab meat in every single bite.. laid out on a bed of rice..


Then after a day of wandering around Orange and Anaheim, Ray and I got a craving for Knotts chicken! So we drove up the 5 freeway, into Buena Park and went to go get some chicken. The line for the restaurant was kinda long and Ray was really hungry so we decided to take the chicken to go from the store/bakery next door. Although they forgot to include a piece of chicken and gave us extra potatoes, corn and bread, it was a great dinner! By the time we started eating, both of us were so hungry that we forgot to take pictures of the food! By the way, I got a double chocolate cookie from the bakery and it was the best cookie I have had in a LONG time! Super cravable!

Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, soup, corn, and soft bread. Such a great dinner!

No comments: